Tuesday, August 11, 2009

But please don't talk about murder while I'm eating.


Buzzing - Ben Harper

I first saw Ben in a Jack Johnson music video playing a slide guitar. I had never seen a slide guitar so I did a little research and found Mr. Harper along with his whole library of music. The only way I can describe Ben's music is "funky-folk", he is kind-of a mix between Jack Johnson and Michael Franti. No only is Ben a solo act but he also creates tunes with The Innocent Criminals and Relentless7. Both Sides Of The Gun, Lifelines and Live From Mars are my three favorite albums from Mr. Harper. Much like Michael Franti, Harper writes/sings about social injustices and peace. Check out the video below for Morning Yearning, it was directed by the late Heath Ledger, the song is beautiful. Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment