Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I slept with Marilyn she sung me “Happy Birthday”


Buzzing - Michael Franti


I'll never forget the first time I heard Michael Franti and fell in love with him. It was 2004 and I was working at Joann Fabrics, one of the girls I worked with played his album , Songs From The Front Porch, while we cleaned the back room...I love it. Mr. Franti blends rock, pop, reggae, folk and funk all in one CD sized package. When Franti is not doing his solo acoustic thing he teams with Spearhead to blend his style with a full band. The thing I like most about Michael is that he sings about things others may be afraid to put music to; peace, social injustice and corrupt government. Another lil tid bit about Mr. Franti is that HE IS A VEGAN!!! Enjoy :)

Key Tracks: Stay Human, Ganga Babe, Oh My God




No comments:

Post a Comment