Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ben Gibbard is slowly breaking my heart into tiny little pieces.


Buzzing - The Postal Service

The Postal Service is the brainchild of Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie and Jimmy Tamborello of Dntel. The collaboration is so unique because Jimmy would create the instrumentals and then send the rough copies to Ben so he could record vocals and finalize the instrumentals. The guys used the United States Postal Service to send the work back and forth so evetually they convinced the USPS to allow them to use the name. Like I have posted before, I am a huge Death Cab for Cutie fan so I think it is just natural that I also fell in love with The Postal Service. This band is just a little bit more electronic and abstract but that is what is so appealing about them. I recommend this record on Vinyl because it comes with an extra record with some fun covers.

One of my favortie lyrics of all time comes off of this album. The track is Clark Gable and the line goes: "
I kissed you in a style Clark Gable would have admired, I thought it classic"

Key Tracks: Clark Gable, Sleeping In, Such Great Heights




No comments:

Post a Comment